It’s not a big deal if you forget something while heading to the local ballpark, you’ll be back home in no time. The same can’t be said for a NASCAR race. NASCAR events take up the whole weekend, so you want to make sure you’re prepared for just about anything that comes your way. To help you out we’ve drawn up a list of items that will make your life easier over the race weekend. Here is what you need for a NASCAR race day kit.
10 Items for Your Own NASCAR Race Day Kit
- Flashlight: Should have one in your RV at all times. Useful for headed to the porta-john late at night and many other uses.
- 14″ x 14″ x 14″ Soft-sided Cooler: The gold standard when it comes to coolers at NASCAR tracks. Load up with your favorite drinks and snacks but never pack anything made of glass.
- Sunglasses: You will likely be outside most of the weekend and that sun can shine brightly off those shiny stock cars. Invest in polarized sunglasses to not only protect your eyes from harmful rays, but also to cut down on glare.
- Ear Plugs: All that horsepower and crowd noise makes for significant volume.
- Water: The bulk of the NASCAR races take place in the summer heat. Dehydration can quickly ruin anyone’s NASCAR weekend experience so pack plenty of H2O.
- Headache Medicine: Noise and sun may cause you headaches but you can make sure you’re covered by bringing some ibuprofen, Advil, or something similar.
- Sunscreens: You don’t want your day at the races to turn into a painful ordeal. Bring a strong sunscreen and apply thoroughly to avoid turning into a track-side lobster.
- Map of the Track: A handy folded map will be much more useful than having to fish out your cell phone anytime you need to find a location.
- First Time Fan Guide: You can usually find these on a track’s website. Very handy on race weekend, even you have been to the track before.
- Event Schedule: There’s typically more to race weekend than just the race. Keep an event schedule handy to find the best events and their locations.
These are what I would consider the must-bring items. Where you’re sitting, what track you’re at, and many other factors will play a role in determining your personal NASCAR race day kit. After a couple races under your belt, you’ll know exactly what you need for your perfect NASCAR race and weekend.