Rving and NASCAR go together perfectly, and so do alcohol and NASCAR events. Having a Budweiser or Miller Lite is tied together with going to a NASCAR race since the dawn of NASCAR itself. With any venue, its important to know policies and specific rules and regulations regarding alcohol. Here are the basics for bringing alcohol to NASCAR tracks.
Tips on Bringing Alcohol to NASCAR Tracks
- Always check to see if you can bring your own alcohol. The majority or NASCAR tracks and venues do allow fans and visitors to bring their own alcohol into the track and race area but not all do, especially those on the west coast. Double check to see if you can bring your own alcohol to the track so you aren’t turned away at the gate.
- Never bring glass. This is a universal regulation at NASCAR tracks. You are not allowed to bring glass containers on any NASCAR-affiliated grounds regardless of what it is, and what it is stored in. Broken glass can create a safety hazard and is therefore not allowed.
- Put your alcohol in a 14″ x 14″ x 14″ soft-sided cooler. This is another regulation that is fairly universal throughout the NASCAR world. Coolers must meet size dimensions and must be soft-sided. Anything else and you will likely be turned away at the gate.
- Check your area’s rules and regulations. Certain sections of seating or certain campgrounds may have their own rules when it comes to alcohol. Double-check to see if your seating section or campground allows alcohol, regardless of the overall rules of the track.
- Watch your consumption. No one likes a rowdy drunk, even at NASCAR events. Patrons who over indulge or are intoxicated may be asked to leave the event and grounds. Intoxication can also lead to health hazards such as dehydration and is discouraged.
- Dispose of your alcohol in the proper area. Tracks provide plenty of waste and recyclable containers on and off the grounds so there is never an excuse of littering or improperly disposing of containers. Littering may get you kicked off the grounds.
If you drink responsibly and follow track guidelines, you can enjoy your favorite beer or drink at most NASCAR grounds. Always check the individual rules and regulations of the campsite and track to have a fun and safe NASCAR experience.